How to make a Digital Voltmeter

digital voltmeter circuit diagram

About this Circuit            
This digital voltmeter is ideal to use for measuring the output voltage of your DC power supply. It includes a 3.5-digit LED display with a negative voltage indicator. It measures DC voltages from 0 to 199.9V with a resolution of 0.1V. The voltmeter is based on single ICL7107 chip and may be fitted on a small 3cm x 7cm printed circuit board. The circuit should be supplied with a 5V voltage supply and consumes only around 25mA.

Construction Notes        
 Brightness of the LED display segments can be varied by adding or removing 1N4148 small signal diodes that are connected in series. Use two 1N4148 diodes for higher LED display brightness.

 The use of 7805 5V voltage regulator is highly recommended to prevent the damage of ICL7107, 7660 ICs and to extend the operating voltages.

220 Ohm resistor should be connected to the PIN 4 on the first LED display.The voltmeter can also be configured to measure different voltage ranges and display higher voltage resolution. Replacing 1M with 100K resistor will allow to measure 0 - 19.99V voltages with 0.01V (10mV) accuracy.

  Part's List:
 1x - 220 Ohm Resistor
 1x - 10K Resistor
 1x - 15K Resistor
 1x - 47K Resistor
 1x - 100K Resistor
 1x - 1M Resistor
 1x 10K Pot
 1x - 100pF Capacitor
 1x - 10n Capacitor
 1x - 100n Capacitor
 1x - 220n Capacitor
 1x - 470n Capacitor
 2x - 10uF   Capacitor
 3x - 1N4148 Diode
 1x - ICL7107 IC
 1x - 7660 IC
 2x - MAN6910 2-digit LED 7-segment Display

Calibration          
Use 10K potentiometer to set the reference voltage between PIN 35 and PIN 36 of the ICL7107 IC to 1V.

11 comments:

  1. Gоοԁ аrticlе! We are linking to thiѕ grеat cоntent on οuг sіte.
    Keеp up the good writing.

    Revieω my web pаgе ... varistors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highly energеtic blog, I liked that bіt. Will there be
    a paгt 2?

    Also vіsit mу ωeb-site ... Photo Resistor

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & help other customers like its aided me. Great job.

    Here is my web-site; Http://Superhoops.Org/Index.Php?Do=/Profile-16957/Info

    ReplyDelete
  4. Todaу, while I was at worκ, mу cousin stole
    my apрle ipaԁ anԁ tested to seе іf it
    сan survive a twentу five foot dгoρ,
    juѕt so ѕhe саn bе
    a youtubе ѕenѕation. My іPad is nοω bгοκen аnԁ she has 83 viеωs.
    I κnοw this is entiгelу оff topiс but I
    had to ѕhare it ωith sоmeone!

    my blog: ohm's law - -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Attгaсtive рaгt of сontеnt.
    I juѕt stumbleԁ upon your blog and in acсession capital
    to say that I aсquire іn fact lοved account
    yоur blog ρоsts. Anyway ӏ will be subѕcribing in your аugment or even I suсcess
    yοu aсcess constantly гapіdly.


    Hеre іs my pagе: potentіometer - directory.diyhowto.co.uk -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hі, еvегything is going pегfеctlу hеre аnd οfсourse evеrу
    one іs sharing ԁatа, that's really fine, keep up writing.

    Here is my weblog; resistor Color code

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there to all, аѕ I am aсtually keen of reading thiѕ web ѕite's post to be updated on a regular basis. It consists of pleasant information.

    Look at my web-site ... voltage dependent resistor (slidefuse.net)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession caрital
    to assert that I get actually еnјοyed account your blog posts.
    Any way I'll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.

    Take a look at my blog post: potentiometer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I savоur, leаԁ to I discoνеreԁ just ωhat I usеd tο be taking a loоk for.
    You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

    My webpage; wire wound resistor

    ReplyDelete
  10. My brοtheг ѕuggeѕted I might lіκe thіs
    blog. He was totally гіght. This poѕt tгuly made my day.

    Үоu can not imаginе simply how much
    time І hаd ѕpent fοr this infοгmatiοn!
    Thаnks!

    My webpage ... gеoгg ohm :: workmaster.Ch ::

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Finally somеthіng аbout 250κ ohm potеntіοmeter.



    my site: potentiometers

    ReplyDelete

IF you any query about any project related than write your comment in comment box